Saturday, March 21, 2009

I am now a protege.

So this past week, I was officially accepted to the partnership program at the Art Acess Gallery. Which means, I get to tag along and bother a really good artist for seven months, and then at the end, we get to show the pictures we made. My reaction to this? Joy. I am so excited! My artist's name is Erica Houston. She is an INCREDIBLY talented woman, and we're going to explore mixing mediums, interpretive portraiture, etc. One of the big bonuses of being in this program is that I get a $500 grant for art supplies! Do you know how many Prismacolors that will buy?? I am a little bit happy inside. :)



This is a picture I did about five months ago. I have room to improve.
If you'd like to see any of Erica's art, or her husband, Blue Critchfield (who shares a studio with her) go to either http://www.myspace.com/ericaehouston or to http://www.myspace.com/mothmind

3 comments:

kathy w. said...

Yay! Yay! I'm excited that you get to do something that you're excited about (and that you're good at).

Mike and Lauren said...

I'm really really excited for you to be able to do this. Take advantage of every moment! I love you

Ali said...

Wow! That is so super amazing!