Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Things that, just recently, made me laugh.

I'll start out with these two gems. First off, while searching for the right dog for a friend of mine and her husband, I came across this:

So, I was curious. What made them think this name would make their dog more appealing? Why can't they just say, "I'm a backyard breeder and the first male dog I found to breed to my girl was a shit zu, so these are more mixes." Or, to shorten that, come up with something clever like all those, ahem, "DESIGNER BREEDS" are being called (notice the air quotes and slightly distainful tone). Anyway, it cracked me up.

My boyfriend Alex just recently went and helped clean up a YMCA kids' summer camp grounds, and on his way there, right next to the summer camp grounds, he saw this and snapped a shot to send to me.

Anybody else questioning the location of this "ranch"? That must be one memorable summer camp for those kids.

Lastly, I've got a few of the Famous Josh Quotes for you. I've recently been working on a portait of Josh, and part of my experimenting on this portrait included a storm happening in the back ground. Josh's first reaction upon seeing it? "Woah. I look like I rule the world!"

Later on, during the same car ride, Josh was trying to explain to me what the doctor had told him about his headaches and what was causing them. He thought hard for a minute to remember exactly what was said, and then said, "Oh yeah! She said I had an inside-us affection." Translation? Sinus infection. Josh just has a way of making everything sound like a good thing.

3 comments:

kathy w. said...

I love that kid.

Mike and Lauren said...

You have no idea how much I love reading this blog. I miss hearing these funny things and seeing youguys. It's amazing out here though, hopefully you get to come visit soon! Keep the posts coming. You're an amazing older sister to Josh and Lyd I hope you know. Also, that picture from Alex is priceless.

Brian Spittler said...

Alison! I am loving how you are blogging more. It makes me happy. Keep it coming. I love you so much and I hope that I get to see you soon! Love you!